Friday, August 04, 2006

Where Are They Now?

Inspired by my 3rd-grade crush having a twice-weekly column in a local newspaper, and also because I was bored, I Googled some ex-girlfriends to see what they're up to these days, and I found a few surprises.

"Sarah," who dumped me in the summer of 2004 because she wanted to find a lover who was into sado-masochism like her, has a profile on a site called CollarMe.com. As usual, she says she's an inexperienced submissive looking for a master to push her limits, and she says that her latest passion is "fire play," whatever the hell that is. She had a couple of notes on her profile, one that said that she was now owned by someone, and one dated not long after saying that she was now free again. What I found most interesting is that the last thing I've ever heard about her was that sometime last year she tried to kill herself and was given shock treatment that wiped out a lot of her memory, and the date on her profile when she last logged in is April 2005, which would be consistent with that timeline. That's a shame.

"Adrienne" dated me a couple of times in January 2005, including once when she came to my apartment and watched movies, but I didn't make a move because I was getting to know her and didn't feel that she would be comfortable with going to that level so soon. Then she was involved in a car accident in which she had to watch a friend driving ahead of her get injured, and after talking to her once and hearing how much the accident affected her, she completely disappeared from my life. I sent e-mails, text messages, phone calls...nothing. I'm sure it wasn't me, but I felt she could have at least let me know why she was backing off. I actually have been slightly afraid all this time that she had a mental breakdown or something. Well, I came across Adrienne's MySpace page, and it was last updated several days ago, so she's alive and kicking. I was very happy to see that, and I had to giggle when I saw the picture on her profile--the same picture she was using when I met her, just a head shot of her sticking her tongue out. She was goofy like that, and it was a good balance to my usually stoic manner. I missed her, even though we never went past the friendship stage. Her profile didn't have much info about her, but it did say that she was not single, and I was happy to see that too, because she had relationship drama almost as fucked up as mine before she met me. I hope she's doing very well.

Then there's my first, "Giselle," my high school lover. I actually know about a Yahoo profile with her picture in which she says that her hobby is "serving my Master as he sees fit," so she's another one that's into S&M apparently. (No, that's not a religious statement she's making, either--I know her very well, and trust me, that's a statement on her sex life.) But I found another profile that I wasn't aware of, one on a website that displays aspiring rappers. I laughed out loud when I saw this because Giselle is about the least hip-hop black woman I have ever met. She lists her influences as Erykah Badu and India.Arie, so she's definitely not aiming for the loud, profane, Da Brat--MC Lyte demographic. I just never imagined her as a performer because she was so shy and soft-spoken. But she is very intelligent and talented, so if she's got a double-platinum CD by this time next year, I won't be surprised.

4 comments:

Mistress Regina said...

The account of what has happened with your past "interests" makes for a good read.

Having introduced a current relationship, though, readers may be interested in a progress report.

Are you going to share with us?

GrizzBabe said...

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

female.RN said...

LOL. Ok, question:

Are YOU into S&M, or is it just pure coincidence that more than one of your ex-women ARE?

:) Just being nosy.

Dre said...

Not much to update with my current relationship, we're still going very slow and getting to know each other more and more with every conversation. I feel very relaxed talking to her, and I don't feel the need to rush things because she's as into me as I am into her, so there's no need to push.

And Amanda: Hell no, I'm not into S&M. I am not turned on by pain at all, although women seem to get off on hurting me, lol.