Friday, April 01, 2011

No Foolin'

It's not an April Fool's joke--I got the job!! I will give two weeks notice at Chase when I get there on Monday, and I've already hired "Jacob" to help me move in a couple of weeks. I was thrilled earlier when I heard the voice mail telling me that I got the position, especially since it ended a long week from traveling for the interview to coming back and hurting my back to working the last couple of days with the hurt back hoping and wishing that I'd get hired. But when I called my fiancee and informed her, her excited inhale and high-pitched "Really?" kinda broke me emotionally. It's been a long, long journey from our first few dates to this point. We knew that one of us was going to have to uproot his or her life and make a big move in order for our relationship to work. But I have no doubt, as I sit here now, that I'm making the right move for the right person.

No comments: