Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So Far, So Good

MEMPHIS--Just wanted to hop online this morning and say how much I enjoyed spending yesterday with my new friend. We watched a couple of movies, talked about anything and everything until late last night, then I went to the hotel that she offered to set up for me. I will meet her today and see a little bit of Memphis before I have to get back on a plane and come home this evening. I don't want to leave. In fact, I woke up marveling over how happy I feel right now, how this whole situation feels so right...and how frightened as hell that makes me. There are a lot of obstacles in our way, such as the logistics, our jobs, the opposition of some people around us to our meeting in the first place, etc. But the way I feel after one day, I want to fight through those issues and give us a good, solid chance to work. I want this badly. And for a change, I think she does too.

No comments: